What you Need
First Edition Heart Die Set, Textured Card Stock
Dovecraft A4 Silver Mirror Card, Lace, Ribbon, 6x6 Card Blank, A4 White Card, Purple Pigment Ink Pad, A7 Someone Special Sentiment Clear Stamp
How to Make
1. Begin by die cutting the lattice heart die onto an A4 sheet of Dovecraft white card.
2. Next, cut a 14cm x 14cm piece of Dovecraft white card.
3. Place the heart die cut on to your card and using a sponge or a piece of kitchen roll, apply the Dovecraft purple ink around and over your die cut in a circular motion. Move the die cut around your card and repeat this step until your card is covered. Leave to dry.
4. Cut a sheet of purple card from your First Edition Textured Card Stock down to 15cmx15cm. Next, cut a piece of Dovecraft A4 Silver Mirror Card down to 14.5cm x 14.5cm. Layer the two pieces together with 3D foam tape, ensuring that the mirror card is on top.
5. Once your design is dry, stick the Dovecraft A7 ‘Someone Special’ clear stamp on to a stamping block. Apply ink to the stamp and carefully stamp the sentiment to the centre of your design, toward the top of your card.
6. Once dry, adhere your design to the mirror card with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape.
7. Cut a length of Dovecraft Ribbon and Lace and wrap the two together around your card design. Ensuring to securely the ends behind your design with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape. Die cut the lattice heart once more onto white card and adhere this with glue, to one of your heart shaped designs.
8. Make a small bow with the ribbon you used for the card design and adhere with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape, to the left hand side of your ribbon strip.
9. To finish, stick your design down to the front of your Dovecraft 6x6 card blank and add a vertical row of Simply Creative purple gems to the top right hand corner.
This adorable card will really make your partners’ heart flutter! Alternatively, you could use the same lattice heart die to create the loveliest bunting. Simply die cut the lattice heart die on to pink and red textured card stock, thread and tie them along a length of Dovecraft Twine.
You could also create a sweet and simple card design using red and white card. To achieve this look, die cut your chosen heart die designs on to red and white card and layer them on to your card with 3D foam pads and Dovecraft Perma Fix tape. The added gems will really make your craft sparkle too!
These heart warming crafts will make wonderful Valentine’s day gifts! How will you use the First Edition dies? We would love to see so remember to upload your cute crafts to the project gallery and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media.
When uploading your Valentine’s day makes, don’t forget to put TC-Valentines in the title to enter our Craft Challenge!