Create a stylish handbag gift bag with our tutorial! This is the perfect craft to make your gift-giving extra special and the beautiful Dovecraft Nature’s Grace papers make this a project that any recipient would want to treasure!
Today, Martina will take you step-by-step through this stylish make. Scroll down to the bottom of the post to find our paper fold diagram to make creating this gift bag even easier!
You will Need
Dovecraft Nature’s Grace 12” x 12” Papers, Mini Bows, Pearls, Accordion Stickers, Puffy Stickers, Wooden Mini Pegs, Mini Bows
First Edition Border Dies
How to Make
1. Select two papers from your 12” x 12” Nature’s Grace paper pad and adhere these together back to back (or you could just use the one sheet and have a white interior for your bag).
2. When the glue is completely dry, decide which will be the top of the design and place it to the left on a scoreboard – this will make the front of the bag.
3. Score at ½ an inch, 4 ½, 7½ and 11½. Then, turn the paper 90 degrees and score at 3¾ and 8¼. From the top of the paper, cut to the 4 ½ inch score line on each side, turn the paper and do the same at the bottom. (Scroll to the bottom of this article for the paper folding diagram).
4. Fold the net to create a box shape, folding over and adhering the ½ inch front and back flaps to the inside of the box as shown below.
5. Squeeze the box a little so that the side panels stick out slightly, forming a handbag shape.
6. Decorate the bottom of the bag with black card using the scalloped-edge dies. You will need two full strips for the front and back, and then slightly shorter ones for the sides.
7. Cut two strips of black card measuring 1.5cm x 8cm and adhere these to the top of the side panels.
8. In black card, cut two black strips of card measuring 2cm x 29.5cm and score and these in half, leaving 2.5cm from each end unscored. Place a strip of double-sided tape inside the fold and adhere, ensuring that the 2.5cm from each end is left open.
9. Shape the handles to create an arch.
10. Add foam pads to the ends of the handle and adhere them to the bag about 3cm down from the top on the front and back. Add pearls to decorate.
11. Cut a piece of black card to 12.5cm x 7cm and round two corners. Mat with the same patterned papers that you used for the inside of the bag. This will form the flap closure of the bag.
12. Stick to the straight edge of the back of the bag about 3.5cm down.
13. Adhere a purple peg to the centre of the bag so that it will catch the flap.
14. Add an accordion sticker and the small heart puffy sticker to the front of the flap.
15. Untie a yellow Nature’s Grace mini bow and then tie this around one of the handles. To this, attach one of the sentiment puffy stickers and secure this by adhering an oval piece of black card to it.
You now have your finished handbag gift bag! This is so pretty – your gift will well and truly stand out and will be extra special!
Paper Fold Diagram:
Score = Red & blue lines
Cut = Red lines only
Will you be creating this beautiful handbag gift bag? If you do, make sure to upload them to the Inspiration Area and to #Trimcraft when sharing on social media. We’d LOVE to see what you create!