Bring a smile with a handmade Valentine’s Card – peer inside to find the magical floating heart design! This card is ideal for sending to your loved ones this Valentine’s Day and it’s super easy to create by following Maxine’s step-by-step instructions.
Adorned with hearts, cute sentiments and other adorable illustrative patterns, the Dovecraft Hearts and Crosses collection is perfect for heartfelt Valentine’s makes and we think this card is the perfect way to show someone how much they mean to you!
Featuring this fun pop-up element inside and lots of paper hearts, this DIY card is super sweet!
You will Need
Dovecraft 6” x 6” Card Blank
Dovecraft Hearts & Crosses Papers, Glitter Heart Stickers, Puffy Stickers, Gems, Photo Frame, 3D Toppers
How to Make
1.On the reverse of the card blank, score a line horizontally 4cm from the centre fold on both sides.
2. Fold the centre of the card inside to create the pop-up section.
3. Draw a semi-circle in the centre of the pop-up section and cut this out.
4. Cut a 4cm x 15cm piece of acetate and adhere this to the reverse of the pop-up section. Adhere the front and back of the pop up section together.
5. Cut one of the papers to the size of the pop-up section and then adhere on both sides, cutting out the semi-circle shape again from the papers.
6.Cover the remaining inside of the card with the backing papers.
7.Cut a heart shape from a piece of cardstock and cover the front with Hearts & Crosses backing paper. Adhere this to the acetate and then cut another heart from the backing papers, adhering this to the back of the heart to cover the workings.
8.Cut 4 slightly smaller hearts from the Dovecraft Hearts & Crosses paper, adhere them back to back and then adhere these to the back of the heart already attached to the acetate. Tip – Make sure the hearts are not popping out of the top of the card when closed, before sticking them down.
9. Cut three hearts from the Hearts & Crosses papers and adhere these to the inside of the card with foam tape for added dimension.
10.Decorate the outside of the card with the beautiful Hearts and Crosses papers.
11. Adhere backing paper to one of the frames, having cut it to size. Then, adhere the frame to the front of the card. Decorate with a selection of stickers to finish.
Will you be creating our floating heart card? We’d love to see if you do, so don’t forget to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area.