Valentine’s Day is close but not to fear! This week's flashback will help you make Valentine's Day extra special with 3 beautiful card ideas and a free printable template to help you along!
Download your Free Envelope Template Here
What you Need
Dovecraft C5 Card Blank, XOXO Plain Coloured Paper Pack , Die set, Glitter Glue, A4 White Card Stock
How to Make
1. Cut a piece of pink, Dovecraft XOXO paper down to 15cm x 10cm. Adhere with 3D foam pads to the centre of your Dovecraft C5 Card Blank, vertically.
2. Next, cut a piece of Dovecraft white card stock down to 14cm x 9.5cm, adhere to the centre of your pink sheet, with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape.
3. Print the free envelope template and draw around it on the back of a XOXO pink sheet. Score and cut where shown on your printable. Ensure the colour side is at the back.
4. Adhere the sides together with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape, making sure to keep the top of the envelope open. Glue it down to the centre of your card design, at an angle.
5. Take the smallest heart die from the XOXO die set and die cut it on to a variety of coloured sheets within the XOXO paper pack. Adhere these to the card blank with glue and 3D foam pads to add variation, to make it look as if they’re exploding out of the envelope.
6. Die cut a larger XOXO heart design on to a light pink XOXO sheet. Stick this to the centre of your envelope with 3D foam pads.
7. Next, die cut the XOXO, ‘Be Mine’ sentiment on to a dark pink XOXO sheet. Glue this sentiment to the bottom right hand corner.
8. Finish by adding Dovecraft clear glitter glue to a selection of the hearts on your design.
The free envelope template is too cute and would make anyone opening this Valentine’s craft go, ‘awh!’
Alternatively you could layer the Dovecraft XOXO patterned papers and adhere a selection of die cut and adhesive hearts to your card. To finish, simply add a romantic sentiment from the XOXO glitter stickers pack.
You could also get dreamy with your die cutting by using the Dovecraft jigsaw puzzle dies on a glittered Storyteller paper design. Adhere each piece with 3D foam pads and die cut a selection of XOXO heart dies onto glitter card. To finish, stick down the hearts and stamp, ‘You are my missing piece’ on to a complementing paper design and adhere it to the right hand side of your card.
We would love to see your Valentines crafts so don't forget to upload them to the Inspiration Area and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media!