Now that Valentine’s day and Pancake day is done and dusted, it’s about time we give you guys some more crafty inspiration for your Mother’s Day makes with this week's flashback!
Nothing says love like a handmade craft so today, Maxine is going to take you step by step to make a stunning card that your mum will be sure to adore! She will also give you some quick yet gorgeous design ideas to get your head filled with heart warming inspiration for this upcoming Mother’s day.
What you Need
Dovecraft Painted Blooms 12 x 12 Paper Pad, Painted Blooms Embossing Folder, 5x7 Card Blank, A4 White Card Stock, Blooming Lovely Embossing Folder
First Edition Nesting Doily Dies
Simply Creative Alphabet Stickers
How to Make
1. Cut a 17.5cm x 12.5cm piece of patterned paper from your Dovecraft Painted Blooms 12x12 Paper Pad. Adhere to your Dovecraft 5x7 card blank with Dovecraft Perma Fix Tape.
2. Next, cut a complementing sheet of Painted Blooms paper down to 10.5cm x 15cm. Place half of the paper into the Painted Blooms embossing folder and emboss the paper in your die cutting machine.
3. Take the Dovecraft Blooming Lovely embossing folder and place at the bottom of the paper and emboss the opposite end. TIP – Use the Painted Blooms folder at the top so that the pattern is the right way up, the blooming lovely folder can work both ways.
4. Take a piece of sand paper and lightly rub over the embossed paper to get a distressed look.
5. Adhere this sheet to a 11cm x 15.5cm piece of Dovecraft white card stock. Glue to the centre of your card.
6. Cut a piece of Dovecraft white card stock 5cm x 15.5cm, mat and layer with a 4.5cm x 15cm piece of coordinating Painted Blooms paper. Adhere to the centre of your card, horizontally, with Dovecraft Perma Fix.
7. Die cut the third largest die within the First Edition Nesting Doily dies set , on to a piece of Painted Blooms paper. Stick your die cut toward the left hand side of your card.
8.Finish by adding the word 'MUM' to the centre of your die cut using the Simply Creative Alphabet stickers.
Such a simple yet effective make! The embossing adds a wonderful, detailed look to this make in no time at all.
Alternatively, you could decorate a stepper card with the Sweet Nothings papers but instead, die cut the First Edition Nesting Bloom dies on to a variety of paper designs to create a bright and colourful look effortlessly. The stamped sentiment and the lines of buttons really make this a cute craft.
Maxine has also created a weaved heart design using two of her favourite Sweet Nothings papers. She has then decorated her card with gems, complementing papers and a ‘mum’ sentiment. The Sweet Nothings papers feature stunning effects that just makes you want to stroke them! *swoons*
What a lovely selection of cards, what will you make for Mother’s day? We would love to see so don’t forget to upload your crafts to the Inspiration area and to #trimcraft when sharing on social media.