You will Need
Dovecraft Blooming Lovely 12x12 Paper Pack, Stamp Set, Dies, Adhesive Pearls, Stickers
First Edition Nesting Bloom Dies
How to Make
1. Pick a 12 x 12 sheet from your Dovecraft Blooming Lovely collection. Cut it down to 15cm x 30cm, this will be the inside of your card.
2. With your Blooming Lovely sheet horizontal, measure in at 7.5cm, 15cm and 22.5cm and score a vertical line at each measurement. The centre fold will need to be a mountain fold and either side will be valley folds.
3. Place the second largest die from the First Edition Nesting Bloom dies to the centre of the paper.
TIP Use Washi Tape to keep the die in place as it passes through the die cutting machine.
4. Choose another 12x12 paper design from the Blooming Lovely paper pack. Trim this sheet down to 15cm x 30cm. With your sheet horizontal, measure in 15cm from the left hand side and score a vertical line to form a traditional card blank.
5. Place your die cut sheet on top of the card blank you created. Adhere the left hand and right panel to the card blank with Dovecraft Perma Fix, leaving the aperture free and unstuck.
6. Make sure the aperture still folds outward into a mountain fold as you shut the card.
7. Stamp the ‘Spring has Sprung’ sentiment in red ink and four flower stamps around the edges of the sentiment in purple ink, within the aperture, in the centre.
8. Embellish the inside of your card with the Blooming Lovely Stickers.
9. Die cut each of the First Edition Nesting Blooms dies on to a complementing Blooming Lovely 12x12 paper design. Roll the petals on each die cut, around a pencil to add dimension .
10. Layer each die cut together from largest to smallest with Dovecraft Perma Fix Tape.
11. Fix a pearl to the centre of the smallest flower and adhere your finished flower to the front of your card blank, in the centre.
12. Take the Blooming Lovely Butterfly die and die cut it twice, on to a coordinating Blooming lovely paper design. Stick these down on your card blank, on the top left and right hand corner, gluing only the middle of each butterfly so the wings can be bent for dimension.
13. Adhere Blooming Lovely adhesive pearls to the body of each butterfly die cut.
14. Finish by adding a Blooming Lovely ‘With Love’ sticker to the top right corner of the card.
The new First Edition Nesting Bloom dies are definitely going to be a favourite of ours this spring and paired with the Blooming Lovely papers? Absolute perfection!
We love this pretty make by Kathy and we would really enjoy seeing your versions in the project gallery so don’t forget to upload them or to #trimcraft when uploading to social media.