This freestanding card tutorial is great for adding depth to your projects with an inner area perfect for decoupage and an outer area to decorate with your favourite embellishments.
What You Will Need
Dovecraft Sweet Paris 8x8 Papers
Dovecraft Sweet Paris accordion sticker, Blooms, stick pins, wooden elements, die set, ribbon bows
Dovecraft Glitter cardstock
First Edition textured cardstock
Dovecraft A4 Pearlescent Metallic Card
Dovecraft White cardstock
Dovecraft 6x6 circle window card blank
How to Make
1. Cut the 6x6 window card blank in half, adhere a piece of pink paper to the back piece and stick the decorative Eiffel tower paper to the front piece. Recut the aperture in the centre of the Eiffel tower piece so you can see through.
2. Die cut the Eiffel tower and adhere to the pink backing paper, we used glitter card to make the Eiffel tower stand out; add a bow to the decoupage die cut.
3. Cut two strips from the white cardstock 15cm x 6cms. Make two concertina strips by scoring at 1cm 3cm and 5 cms on both pieces.
4. Adhere the 1cm sides to each side of the cardstock with the die cut topper on, make sure the indent point inwards. Adhere the other side to the back of the cardstock with the cut out aperture.
5. Cut one of the flower blooms in half and adhere to the top right and bottom left corner. Add the accordion stickers, stick pins and wooden crown element as shown.
We love trying out new craft ideas and think this card will be a firm favourite, show us your concertina cards in the projects gallery & come back next month for another card master class.