It’s Day 19 of our crafty advent calendar, and we’ve got a starry tutorial for you today! Read on to find out how to make this super fun sharing cracker…
This fun cracker features an innovative star design, allowing five people to pull it apart to reveal your choice of festive prizes inside! Gather your friends and family around to share the Christmas spirit, all you need to do is pull a tab each to break the cracker. This such a fun Christmas make and we’ve also provided a free template to help you on your way!
Download your free template here
Not just for Christmas, using different papers and prizes, this star design could be tailored to any party theme!
You will Need
Dovecraft Time to Sparkle 12”x12” Paper Pad
Your Free Template
Dovecraft Bone Folder
Dovecraft Perma-Fix Tape
Your Choice of Cracker Prize
1.Print out the free template and trace around this onto your chosen paper from the Time to Sparkle collection. Cut this out and using a bone folder, score and fold along the score lines.
2. Fold the tabs of the shape inwards.
3. Cut a piece of paper to the size of the rectangular tab shape from the template and fold this in half along the score line. Using a strip of double-sided tape, adhere it to the shape as shown below. Adhere double-sided tape to the other side of this paper tab.
4. Begin to fold the shape to make the point of the star, adhering the other side of the paper tab to the opposite edge of the point as shown in the photograph below. Seal the point shape together with another strip of double-sided tape.
5. Repeat these steps 5 more times to make the complete 5 point star with a selection of complementing papers from the Time to Sparkle collection. Line the 5 points up together into a star shape.
6. Secure these together using washi tape. We put washi tape on the outside of the design only so that it’s easy to break later on.
7. Leave one point unattached for now in order to add your fun festive treats. We chose to add Christmas jokes, party hats, sweets and mini toys such as novelty erasers and badges.
8. Fill the star shape with your chosen treats.
Your sharing cracker is now complete and ready for your Christmas celebrations!
We’d LOVE to see how you use our free star cracker template, so don’t forget to #tcxmas2017 when uploading to social media and to share your makes in the Inspiration area.
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.