You will Need
Dovecraft Perma Fix tape
How to Make
1. Lay your bag across a flat surface.
TIP: Iron your bag so that it is easier to apply your Dovecraft ribbon strips.
2. Add a length of Dovecraft Perma Fix tape across the top of your bag and slowly peel the red plastic off.
3. Cut a length of your chosen Dovecraft ribbon design and carefully apply it on top of the Perma Fix tape. Press down on the ribbon to ensure your strip has been stuck down securely.
4. For our design, we have left approximately a 1cm gap between each strip, but it is totally up to you how you add the ribbon!
5. Repeat this technique using the pretty range of Dovecraft ribbons until you are happy with your design.
6. Maxine has covered a section of the bag but if you wanted to achieve a different look, you could cover the entire bag with lovely Dovecraft ribbons!
Upcycling is really that simple, and what a sweet make you get out of it. It’s a great craft if you need a bag to hold all of your bits and bobs! You could use this tutorial for inspiration to make a matching purse if you liked the design! With our collection of ribbons, we’re sure you’ll find the right design for you. How will you upcycle your bag?
Make sure to upload your DIY makes to the inspiration area and #Trimcraft on social media, we’d love to see your upcycled bags!