Though we’re mid-way through the summer holidays for most children, we can’t help but notice that we’re edging closer and closer to the festive season. Yes, we’re already thinking about Christmas crafts! These are the perfect holiday activity to try with kids, and use very little tools. You might just have to eat quite a lot of crisps as we’ve used a Pringles lid as the base for this fun craft…
Keep your little ones entertained with these colourful Christmas sun catchers. Simply print out our free template and decorate your sun catcher in any way you like using the versatile Dovecraft Glitter Glue and Glass Paints!
Download your free template here.
What you will need:
- A Pringle Lid,
- Our Free Template,
- Dovecraft Enamel Effects in Black,
- Dovecraft Glass Paints in an Assortment of Colours,
- Dovecraft Glitter Glue in an Assortment of Colours,
- Dovecraft Pokey Tool,
- Dovecraft Back to Basics Baby Steps Twine,
How to make:
1. Download and print out your free template. Place your chosen design under your Pringle lid.
2. Using the Dovecraft Enamel Effects in black, trace the outline of your chosen design. (This mimics the piping of a stain glass window.)
TIP: Wait for this to dry before continuing. This will stop the colours from bleeding.
3. Using the Dovecraft Glass Paints in green, fill in your design any way you like! We’re using the Christmas tree template with green glass paint.
(We’ve also added some glitter glue here for the tinsel.)
4. Leave these to dry.
5. Using a pokey tool, push a hole into the Pringle lid at the top of your design.
6. Thread some Dovecraft Back to Basics twine through the hole so you can hang up your sun catcher.
7. Finish your sun catcher with a few Simply Creative gems for extra sparkle in the sun!
Now you have your very own Pringle lid sun catchers! There is no limit to the designs you can create, follow our template for a Santa or Rudolph design or create your own!
Once your unique decoration is complete, display against the light for the best effect and watch as it glistens!
This is the perfect way to add a vibrant touch your children’s bedrooms and a super fun creative task to keep them busy!
Will you be try these pringle lid sun catchers? We’d love to see you versions of this, so don’t forget to upload your versions to the Inspiration area and #Trimcraft when sharing to social media! Most importantly, stay inspired and keep crafting!