Glitter is the perfect finishing touch to any project, but why not make it the centre of attention with our fun Dot & Dab Glitter Glue Projects. For use with a hot glue gun, the Dot & Dab glitter glue gun sticks are ideal for adding lots of dense sparkle to projects – but how versatile are they? Read on to find out as we take you through three makes with the Dot & Dab glitter glue gun sticks!
Today we’re going to be showing you how to create your own shimmery glitter glue sentiments using the Dot & Dab glitter glue gun sticks. Perfect for adding a really special finishing touch to your projects, such as handmade cards or scrapbook layouts, these are SO easy to create. We’ve also got a free template for you to download to make putting these together even easier.
Download your free template here
You will Need:
A Glue Gun,
Glitter Glue Sticks,
Paper Addicts 6” x 6” Lost Forest Paper Pad,
Dovecraft 6” x 6” Card Blank, Nature’s Grace Mini Doilies,
How to Make:
1. Heat up your glue gun and make sure that you have inserted your Dot & Dab glitter glue gun stick. We opted for the stunning gold colour.
2. Print out your free template and place your sheet of parchment paper over the image. Trace the outline with your glue gun, making sure that glitter is evenly dispersed between the outlines of your design.
3. Cut a 14.5cm square of backing paper from the adorable Paper Addicts and adhere this to your card blank. Layer with two further squares of backing paper, measuring 13.5cm square.
4. Adhere a doily to the centre of the card.
5. Cut a piece of 14.5 x 6.5cm paper and adhere to the top of the doily in the centre of the card.
6. Remove your dry glitter glue topper and neaten up any messy bits with scissors to neaten it up if needed.
7. Adhere your glitter glue topper to the centre of your card.
How pretty is this? Perfect for adding a touch of sparkle and dimension to your makes!
Terrific Tea Light Holder
Add a touch of glitz and glamour to a plain glass tea light holder by decorating the sides with the glitter glue! Decorate using a pattern of your choice.
Bee-utiful Photo Stand
We created a beautiful bee-inspired photo stand using the glitter glue gun sticks! Layer the glue to create a bee-hive shape, before quickly inserting florist’s wire to create the photo holders. Finish with an adorable Bee Charm from the Dovecraft Bee Happy collection.
Will you be trying any of our glitter glue crafts? We’d LOVE to see so don’t forget to share your projects in the Inspiration area and to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media!