Download your Free Faux Cross Stitch Design Here
Download your Free Blank Grid Here
What you Need
1. Begin by downloading and printing out your free cross stitch design and blank grid.
2. Pick your First Edition Markers and follow the pattern on your free printable design. Create the image by making a cross in each square with your chosen colour.
3. Once you’ve completed the pattern, cut out the design using a paper trimmer, ensuring to leave enough room for a border.
4. Cut a 15cm x 15cm square of paper from your First Edition 8x8 Pretty Posy paper pad and adhere it with glue to the Dovecraft 6x6 card blank.
5. Next, cut a coordinating sheet of Pretty Posy paper down to 14cm x 14cm. Layer this on top of your first sheet, in the centre.
6. Layer your faux cross stitch design onto a patterned Pretty Posy sheet with Dovecraft Perma Fix tape. Allow 1cm around the edge and cut out. Adhere your faux cross stitch design to the centre of your card using 3D foam tape to add dimension.
Alternatively, you could use our free grid download to create different designs like this sweet boat design that would look lovely hung up in your home!
This technqiue is a great way to recreate the look of cross stitching on your card making projects! You can print as many paper grids as you like from our free download!
We’d love to see your versions so remember to upload them to the project gallery and to #trimcraft when uploading on social media.
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.