We hear a lot about shaker cards, but today we thought we’d take that idea to the next level and create something really magical. Our sparkly, modern star mobile would make a beautiful piece of wall art for any nursery (or any other room in the house for that matter!) With each star shape bursting with sparkle, this is a great way use the We R Memory Keepers fuse tool.
Follow our step by step as Maxine shows you how to create your own…
You Will Need
We R Memory Keepers Fusables Clear Sheets, Fuse Tool,
Dovecraft Space Die Set, Sequins, Silver Mirror Card, Silver Glitter Card,
Fiskars Hole Punch,
Wooden Coat Hanger,
How to Make
1. Take your coat hanger and paint it with the white paint. You might need two or three coats to cover the hanger. Allow it to dry. Switch your fuse tool on to heat up.
2. Draw a star, with the side of each point measuring approximately 4cm.
3. Place the star behind the fusible sheet and cut out each star shape, holding in place with washi tape – if needed – to keep both sheets secure. Cut out 14 star shapes.
4. Place two of the star shapes together and fuse three of the points together with the fuse tool, leaving an opening. Cut out stars from silver mirror card using the Dovecraft Space dies and place these inside the star shape, along with a few sequins.
5. Fuse the rest of the sides of the star together. Punch a hole in the top of one of the points and then fuse across the bottom of the hole to stop any of the sequins coming out. Use the lines on your glass mat as a guide. Repeat until you’ve created 7 stars.
7. Using your thread or twine, hang your stars from the hanger using different lengths of twine so that they fall at different lengths.
8. Adhere a few die cut stars to the coat hanger to finish.
Your star shaker mobile is now complete! Will you be giving this tutorial a go?
We’d love to see your fuse tool makes so don’t forget to #Trimcraft when uploading to social media and to share your projects in the Inspiration area.