Want to give your craft desk a fresh and trendy look? Maxine is going to show you how to upcycle a globe with a splash of paint and the new Dovecraft dies!
You will Need
Dovecraft Butterflies, Flower, Flowers and Leaves Dies
First Edition Sweet Nothings 12x12 Paper Pad
Simply Creative Cork Alphabet Stickers
DecoArt Chalk Paint- Black
How to Make
1. Begin by painting your globe with the DecoArt Chalk Paint – Black. Your globe may need two layers of paint to fully cover it. Leave to dry.
2. Die Cut the Dovecraft Flowers, Butterflies and Leaves dies on to your complementing Dovecraft Painted Blooms 12x12 paper designs. Layer together with 3D foam pads.
3. To stop the globe spinning for when you stick down your die cuts, add some foam pads under the bar.
4. Place the stickers on the globe to spell the words, Design, Create, Inspire.
TIP – Use a straight edge piece of scrap paper as a guide to stick the letters on straight.
5. Add your layered die cut flowers and butterflies to your globe with 3D foam pads. Ensure to space out your die cuts to create an even and professional finish.
How cute is this crafty globe? The delicate die cuts really make this home décor piece a special one. This lovely design will be sure to inspire you every time you sit down at your desk!
How will you upcycle your globe? Don’t forget to share your crafts in the inspiration area and to #trimcraft when uploading to social media!