Easter is all about bunnies so to help you get fuzzy with your felt, Maxine is going to show you how to create this gorgeous embroidery hoop with our free template. (Who else really wants to hug this adorable rabbit?!)
Download our Free Embroidery Hoop Bunny Template Here
What you Need
Free Bunny Template
Dovecraft A4 Coloured Felt
First Edition Nesting Flower Die Set, Weather Die Set
Simply Creative Stickers
How to Make
1. Cut a piece of Dovecraft green felt to fit the width of your chosen embroidery hoop. Along the top edge of the felt, make small triangular cuts to create the look of grass. Layer this on top of a large piece of Dovecraft blue felt and a straight piece of light green felt to create a back ground. Carefully sandwich your layered felt between the hoop layers and tighten the hoop.
2. Once in place, cut off the excess felt around the embroidery hoop.
3. Print your free template, cut out your chosen bunny and use the outline of the rabbit to draw around on a piece of Dovecraft grey felt. Cut out the additional bunny pieces on to pink felt. Following the template, adhere the pieces together with glue.
4. Use the Simply Creative Foam Alphabet Stickers to create the facial expression. Use an ‘X’ for the mouth and two full stops stickers for the eyes.
5. Once you’re happy with the design of your bunny, glue it to the centre of your embroidery hoop.
6. Die cut the smallest two dies from the First Edition Nesting Flower die set onto different coloured pieces of felt. Layer some together and stitch with an X. Adhere to the felt ring each side of the bunny. Die cut two cloud shapes using the cloud die from the First Edition Weather die set and glue each one to the top of the hoop, either side of the bunny.
This felt bunny project is to die for and will be sure inject a wonderful springtime feel into your home! The printable features 3 bunnies in different sizes for you to use, depending on the size of your hoop (or if you want to make a family of rabbits!)
How will you use our free template? Don’t forget to share your projects in the inspiration area and to #trimcraft so we can have a nosey!
Trimcraft design these templates to aid your crafting projects, so we are always happy to see them being used and enjoyed. However, we just ask you credit Trimcraft for the template design when you publish your crafty makes online and on social media.